Thursday, April 3, 2008

Rethinking my thesis

After reading, rereading, and rerereading As I Lay Dying for two and a half weeks, and finally dropping it from my reading list, I am now 2/3 of the way through Absalom, Absalom! and am no closer at drawing a formative conclusion that can relate it to the rest of my thesis either. I am definitely considering, especially at the behest of my primary thesis adviser, Prof. John Bishop, that I should stick with The Sound and the Fury as my subject of interest and target of critical pressure for my thesis. I have 14 pages from mostly the Quentin Chapter alone, and at that rate, at roughly 10-12 pages per section, will have enough to meet the 40 page minimum requirement for my thesis, after the introduction and conclusion is taken into account.

3 comments:

rosedale's 4head said...

love your blog. picked it for my blog of the month. i'm currently in grad school picked the sound and the fury for my engl 5300. studying WF in undergrad--my seminar--

great blog!

lianne said...

hi! did you finish your thesis?

Hector Macdonald said...

Please would you consider profiling The Sound and the Fury on www.bookdrum.com, where you can add information, images, video, music and links to illustrate and explore the book.

Right now there's $3,000 of cash prizes available for the best profiles in the Book Drum Tournament